We went to Myrtle Beach back in April. My mom, my sister Shannon, my nephew Sage, Dominick and I. I got a great place at The Ocean Reef. We had a three bedroom condo with a great view of the ocean. There was an outdoor kid’s water park with an Aztec theme. There was also an indoor kid’s water park with a splash pool, water buckets that dump water, a lazy river, indoor pool and three hot tubs. All were heated. There is also a heated outdoor pool.
We played on the beach every day. Dominick stayed away from the ocean until the last two days. Then it was hard to keep him away from the water. We played in the sand and tried to make sand castles but he likes to step on them so it was a little difficult. Shannon and Sage left on Thursday. Marty came down and joined us on Thursday.
Shannon and I took the boys to Broadway to go ride the old Pavilion rides one day. They have the bungee trampolines. You put on a harness that is strapped to bungee cords on each hip. Then you jump up and down on a trampoline. Shannon and I decided to let Dominick and Sage give it a shot. They LOVED it. Sage was trying to back flips no problem. Dominick had a grin on his face ear to ear. He was very upset when he had to get off. We then rode some of the old Pavilion rides. Spinning tea cups, pirate ship, merry go round, caterpillar, kids motorcycle ride and so on. We decided to let them do the bungee trampoline again. Dominick was really going to town this time. Sage and Dominick were both jumping as high as they could. And loving every second of it. It was a great day.
My mom has a little Sheltie named Pee Wee. He is her baby, my little brother and a human in a dog fur coat. She left Pee Wee with my aunt Verna. We were sitting out on the balcony while she was calling to check on her favorite child, Pee Wee. My mom requested that my aunt hold the phone up to Pee Wee's ears so that he could hear his Momma speak. She really missed her baby and I am so happy that she has that little dog, NOT HUMAN BUT A DOG, to keep her company.
My mom got to spend a lot of time with Dominick and learning about his Autism behaviors and symptoms. She in the past thought at times that Dominick just didn't like her. I think she now understands that it is his Autism and not her. Mom and Dominick made up their own little games like making your arms go in circles. He would do it, then she would do it and it would make him laugh. After I got finished explaining to my Mom all about Dominick and his different behaviors and symptoms she looked at me and with the most shocked and concerned face she says, "You know. I think Pee Wee has Autism." I almost wet myself I started laughing so hard. I love my Mom.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment